Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Bantam Coop

In my last post I introduced everyone to the large fowl part of The Poop Coop, but I have yet to introduce everyone to the bantam coop!
The bantam coop is actually the original poop coop, however, none of its inhabitants were actually 'bantam' until later on. I can't actually remember which bantam came first, but here are the ones in there now :)

 Here is Chewie...he's the leader of the flock. 
 This is Marilyn, she is a frizzled cochin pullet.
 This little diva is Francis, she is a blue frizzled cochin pullet. 
 Zelda is the bravest warrior in the flock and the best forager. She often ventures out on her own to dig for goodies. She's very spunky and she loves loves treats.


 The little buff in the center is Buttercup. I am not really sure what she is, but I'm thinking she could be an EE..she seems to be getting a beard. 
These 3 little ones are unnamed so far. The little mottled cochin pullet on the far right is for sure going to stay with us, but I am unsure on the silkies. They are just too cute. 

I also have 5 chicks in the brooder right now to add to the large fowl coop later on. Three of them are barred rock/leghorn mix and the other two are EE and an Ameracuana. I know for sure that one chick is a rooster and I will be finding him a new home soon. 

With the help of my fiance, I will be building a new bantam coop next spring that is larger and has easier access for me, but for now, the coop provides a cozy bed for the bantams at night. 

That's all for the introductions. I dont think I left anyone out :P 
I am currently incubating my first eggs so there will be lots of news on that soon!

Thanks for reading :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment